7.24.2011

Beach Toys

Our beach house had a plethora of beach paraphernalia, including this sea kayak. Little did we know that we had chosen the day with the biggest waves to try it out. Here are Trevor and Ali posing after their first attempt into the water. They didn't get further than the first set of waves.


My dad and I had the brilliant idea of helping them get the kayak out into the calmer water. Instead of getting them any further past the waves, I had my first brush with death--a near decapitation by kayak. That was the last time I touched the thing.

When the waves were calmer, there were many more successful kayak launches, but no one could manage to get back to the beach without capsizing right before reaching the shore.


Penelope had her own method of kayaking.


It proved to be much safer.


I did finally venture out on the boogie boards the last day.


And even caught a few waves.


Grandpa showed off his frisbee skills.


Penelope, the snorkeler


Uncle Matt, now known to Penelope as "Mr. Awesome"


Evie with her beach toy (snagged while Penelope was inside napping)


My favorite beach past time--relaxing.



No comments:

Post a Comment