5.05.2011

Zoo Escapades


A couple weeks ago was my very long-awaited Spring Break. To celebrate, Penelope and I joined some friends for a day at the NC Zoo. 

During this trip Penelope had a quick change of personality. The outgoing unabashed girl I knew was exchanged for a whimpering skittish little thing. 


Last time it was all, "Oh wow! A lion! Roaaar!" 

This time it was, "No! It'll hurt you! Mommeee!!!" 

I don't get it.



I did manage to coax her out of the stroller for this cool albino alligator, but forget about the baboons and the chimps. They were waaaaay too scary for Miss P.



After lunch and the first ice cream cone of the season, she started to ease up.


And even posed for a picture with the flamingos.


But the real animals took a backseat to the fake beehive 


and the larger-than-life sized garden playground.


Kids. Once you think you have them all figured out, they throw you for a loop.


No comments:

Post a Comment