8.11.2010

Mommy's little helper

I've been rather busy since we got back from our trip keeping up with the household duties and setting up my new classroom at work. What would I do without my little helper by my side?


Isn't there some saying, "Many hands make light work." No offense to the person who coined that phrase, but they really should specify that the "hands" they are referring are not of the small, toddler-size variety.

Many small hands make lots and lots more work.

Don't be deceived by this picture depicting the five or so minutes of calm dear Penelope exhibited while "helping" mommy in the classroom today.


Most of my work unpacking, rearranging, and organizing was just as quickly undone by Penelope's desire to do gravity experiements with a tub of 1000 cubes, browse every book I had just placed on the shelf, and lay a trail of cracker crumbs to lead all the ants in the school to my classroom.

Next chore: stuff and fold the diapers.


I kept reminding myself that Penelope was really trying to help every time she undid the diaper I had just finished and "stuffed" it herself.


She was so diligent about her work that I almost hated to have to take it from her and undo it.


24 diapers stuffed, unstuffed, and restuffed later...


"Alright mommy, what do you need help with next?"

No comments:

Post a Comment